What things do other people want from life? That’s a question that has crossed many mind over the years.
And, after 257 interviews, I can say with certainty that there is no one answer to that question.
Everyone wants something different – and that’s what makes life so interesting!
In this blog post, you’ll find out what some of the most common desires are amongst people from all walks of life.
So, read on to get inspired and see if there’s something you may have been overlooking for yourself.
You never know – fulfilling someone else’s dream just might help you realize your own!
What if you only had one wish?
What would you wish for if a genie appeared and offered to grant you one wish?
“Money!” is the most common response (99%), and it’s followed by a big number.
Money, on the other hand, is ephemeral.
You won’t be happy until you spend money on things that matter to you, and it does nothing for you unless you do.
Which brings you back to square one.
What do you really want from life?
It sounds like such an easy question – but it’s not, for most of us.
Fortunately, a great deal of brainstorming is beneficial — especially when prompted by outside sources and ideas.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of things other people want in life, based on years of interviews with women and men of all ages.
It’s a common error to want what others desire, particularly when it comes to things like happiness or success. But perhaps reading through these varied responses from interviews and other sources will provide you with some new ideas.
While generating ideas, keep in mind that no idea is too big for someone with limitless potential. You don’t have the same problems that other people encounter. You have the flexibility to work whenever and wherever you choose, with limitless earning potential.
“The biggest problem for most people is deciding what they want and then pursuing it.”
If you’re stumped for what you want in life, the question “What do you want?” may be a good place to start.
You can at least get your goal-oriented juices flowing by looking at the list below if the answer to that question leaves you perplexed.
Before you begin, I’d appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to go over this list. Make a list of the items that may be important to you and the things you’ll want after your ordeal is over.
Goal-setting is a process that requires deliberate thinking.
It’s easy to say you’ll do it later, but then you’re more likely to never finish it.
The rule is: Do it now.
Just bear in mind that if you put some time and effort into this, the reward may be significant in terms of your future lifestyle, work and money.
Top 10 Wants
So here is your top ten list of things other people want from life according to external clinical surveys:
- Having love in their lives
- Being healthy
- Having well paying jobs
- Looking good
- Losing weight and having a fit body
- Learning new things
- Living longer with their important families
- Being safe from perceived and real hurt, harm, and danger
- Being comfortable
- Having more pleasure to satisfy their appetite and desires
If you look at the list above and apply it to your life, you might not notice anything wrong. Well, if you’re happy with where you are right now on all of these things, then you’re doing great and congratulations!
However the majority of people on this planet want more than that.
They know that they could do more than what they are doing right now in terms of their potential.
So, we’ve put together an extended list of wants.
Extended List Of Wants
So here is your extended idea-generating list of 59 things other people want from life:
Material things are the most important thing in life, but they generally don’t last very long, so they are un-important.
- Big house
- Nice car
- Fashionable clothes
- Plenty of money for dining out
- A big enough budget for luxury travel
- Thin friends
- An attractive spouse
Sense Of Worth And Self-Esteem
People need to know that they matter. If you don’t know you matter in life than most of the time you won’t bother doing anything at all. So people want the sense of worth and self-esteem.
- To neither look nor feel fat
- To eat whatever you want without gaining weight
- To hold your own in a political conversation
- To learn to dance without looking stupid
- To be attractive as you age
- To be the life of the party, at least once
- To know what you want and have the confidence to go after it
Manifest your wildest dreams!
With so many opportunities available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But don’t worry — this is just the beginning of what you can achieve if only try hard enough and take risks while focusing on being happy in life.”
- Visit every continent
- Speak a foreign language — fluently
- Learn how to take professional photographs
- Go scuba diving
- Go cliff diving
- Go skydiving
- Live in a beautiful, serene place
- Volunteer in a disaster zone
- Go to a major sports championship, like Wimbledon
- Pilot a plane
- Spend New Year’s in New York City
It is important to manifest spiritual and emotional things not only for yourself, but also others. One of the most essential abilities we have as humans on this Earth was given so that you can help those around them who are going through tough times or just need someone there with open arms ready embrace their pain when they cannot do it themselves anymore:
- Have at least one true best friend
- Feel relief from social judgment
- Reconcile with an enemy
- Be remembered in a positive way after death
- Know that you made a difference in someone else’s life
- Feel important to others
- Know yourself and feel centered
- Live each day without regret
- Quiet self-limiting thoughts
You can achieve career success that others think you’re too good for. You will have a positive work/life balance and feel as capable, if not more so than they are! The best part is how much easier it all becomes once we start making these simple changes in our everyday lives.
- Reach a fabled level of success that makes you untouchable
- Create a positive work/life balance
- Feel as capable as others think you are
- Be more productive with each minute of the day
- Be recognized as talented or even brilliant
- Pursue your calling while supporting your family financially
- Publish a book
- Make enough money to care for aging parents
- Write a screenplay that gets picked up as a movie
This is your chance to live the life you want. If there are things that would make living easier and more fulfilling for people, then it’s up them as well! You can start every morning with coffee instead of rushing; take time out during the day or night (whatever works best) just so everything feels spaced-out properly – like an escape from reality itself…
- Travel the country in an RV
- Have satisfying, regular sex
- Not be afraid of intimacy
- Have many children and grandchildren
- Stay married to the same person
- Find meaningful work
- Find the best piece of pie, ever
- Give your dog a really happy life
Manifest Health is the key to living a healthy, fulfilled life. Our manifesting tools can help you achieve your goals and live fully despite any physical challenges that may be holding back from achieving personal success in other areas of wellness.
- Grow old without losing your mind or control of your body
- Recover from a painful or debilitating disease
- Not die from a painful or debilitating disease
- Have plenty of energy to enjoy each day
- Age gracefully, without wrinkles and without going bald
- Find a way to enjoy exercise
- Finish a marathon or an ironman triathlon
What matters to you the most?
You can get started by thinking about the things that are most important to you as a result of reading the goals stated above. Take note of which objectives continue to stick in your thoughts over the following days or weeks. Then think about which of those goals complement the things that make you happiest in life.
- Every time you have a new goal, write it down.
- Don’t exclude anything — especially if your initial response is that it’s too difficult.
That’s the beauty of your life. When you’re able to control and materialize what you desire with a keyboard, anyplace and at any time, practically nothing is impossible.
Remember to think big and demand what you really want
Consider the things in life that give you the most pleasure and fulfillment, and then break them down into specifics. For example, perhaps providing for your loved ones is something that makes you really happy.
Build on that by asking yourself what you want to provide:
- Do you want your children to attend a private school?
- Make enough money so your spouse doesn’t have to work?
- Treat the kids or grandkids to a safari in Africa?
- Provide paid care for an aging parent?
Once you’ve determined what you desire, work backwards
- Consider everything that’ll be required to obtain it.
- Consider how much time you have available to devote to that goal.
- Finally, consider what sort of projects would be interesting enough to keep you interested in achieving that goal.
Your goal is to discover a business that pays your bills while also satisfying your soul.
If you’re fortunate, both tasks will be completed by the same solution.
If your goal includes making more money, changing careers, or making a living online, you should really check out the DreamMaker Execution plans. It’s one of the best places to find inspiration for living a goal-focused life.
If you enjoy reading about what other individuals want and you have new ideas for your goals list, please consider joining the DreamMaker newsletter.