No matter what life throws your way, it’s important to stay positive.
It can be tough to maintain a positive attitude when things are going bad, but it’s worth the effort.
Here are eleven tips on how to stay positive no matter what.
- how to stay positive in a negative world
- how to stay positive during difficult times
- how to stay positive at work
- how to stay positive when bad things keep happening
- and more
It’s easier said than done to stay positive.
Sometimes the storm of challenges comes pushing you to the corner.
At those times, remaining positive that something good can come out of whatever situation you are going through becomes difficult.
If you find yourself in such a situation, you need to realize that you have the power to create your reality where you can look at everything the way you want to see it.
You can use this power to create a positive life, and once you do, you will attract what you need and want in your life.
How to stay positive in your life
In the following sections, we will talk about a few ways in which you can create a positive reality and, in turn, stay positive in your life.
Therefore, if you want to be successful at your job, have a happy relationship, become a more positive person or have a life that is full of love and happiness, then you need to focus on being positive.
1. How to stay positive in a negative world
It’s not always easy to stay positive in a negative world. It can be tempting, especially when you’re feeling down or unhappy about something that has happened recently and there doesn’t seem like any way out of your situation! But if this sounds like where you currently find yourself at least once per day, then I have good news for ya-it will get better soon enough ;) Of course, the key thing here is taking care both physically AND mentally by eating healthy foods such as vegetables & proteins which help give us all kinds of benefits from increased energy levels through improved mental clarity and focus to a more positive attitude- so important when being faced with a considerable challenge!
It’s also very important to get plenty of rest; making sure you have 8 hours of sleep per night is also key.
Getting outdoors and enjoying some fresh air will help your brain release neurotransmitters such as feel-good hormones serotonin and dopamine.
2. How to stay positive during difficult times
Sometimes life throws us difficult times. It may be that your business isn’t going well, you’re having relationship problems with someone close to you or you even just have a bad day every now and then. The key is managing these moments in the right way; there’s no point letting them get on top of you as they will only continue for long periods if left unchecked!
To help yourself stay positive during this kind of period here are some tips:
- Keep busy – do what makes sense, like getting out into new places which might make others envy how lucky we feel about our situation because at least one person feels less fortunate than ourselves does not mean give up hope but rather find something good wherever possible.
3. Engage in entertaining activities
Sometimes when everything seems to be too bad, you need to take a break by taking your mind off the situation.
You can do something entertaining like reading an interesting book that will capture your thoughts, listen to music or watch an entertaining movie or short clips that will help put a smile on your face.
When choosing an entertaining thing to do, avoid materials that are more likely to make you gloomy but instead settle for something that will make you feel motivated.
Make a list of things that make you happy.
One way to find happiness is by making a list of the things that make you happy. Trade your time for money, or spend it on experiences instead!
4. Always look at the bigger picture
When something bad happens, your first reaction is getting shocked, especially unexpected. Then it is followed by feeling let down and rejected, which easily build up and start feeling pain.
Instead of entertaining those feeling, choose to move on and get over the bad moment.
This at first, can sound like an impossible thing to do, considering pain usually triggers fear.
When experiencing this fear, it is impossible to move on or think of anything else than what you are going through. You end up analyzing the situation in detail; you start feeling vulnerable, like you will never be safe again or have a normal life ever again. You might think you are doing yourself a favor but all you are doing is increase the pain and get stuck on what has already gone wrong.
This can easily result in health problems such as depression, anxiety, and other mental conditions.
However, you can choose not to dwell on what has gone wrong and look at the bigger picture. Focus your attention on other things that are happening around you other than the problem. Doing so helps you realize that the situation could have been worse than it already is, and this opens the positive aspects of your situation. When you reach here, you are able to see any available resources that you can use to solve the problem.
The good thing about looking at the bigger picture of any situation is that you are able to stay positive and focus on what is still working even when everything seems to have fallen apart.
Spend time with positive people who will support your dreams and ambitions
It is important to surround yourself with people who will support your dreams and ambitions.
Surrounding yourselves with negative or apathetic individuals can spiritually drain you, so it’s best if these types of folks are avoided at all costs!
It takes little effort on our part in this life for us to live surrounded by positive influences–all that matters here are the friends we make along the way because they shape how successful we ultimately become.
5. Find something to be grateful for each day
When things go wrong, it is easy to forget all the other good things. If you have failed in business or have lost your job or a loved one, think of those people around you who are always there to support you.
- Losing yourself in grief might result in forgetting them and how much they care.
- Be grateful knowing that there is someone else out there who doesn’t have half of what you have.
- Such an attitude will help you move and get the strength to face the situation positively.
6. Staying optimistic no matter what
The worst thing about negative feelings is that they can be overwhelming and hard to control.
These kinds of feelings result in negativity.
You end up being dissatisfied, disoriented, and feeling defeated.
Once in a while, everyone passes through difficult situations; however, you can use the power you possess inside you to change your negativity into positivity.
What sets you apart is not the intensity of the problem but how well you handle the difficult situation. If you are wondering how to try the following tips to help you remain positive no matter how hard a situation looks.
7. Exercise regularly to boost your mood and energy levels
The feeling of getting up and moving around is one that can’t be replicated with any other activity. It has been scientifically proven to boost mood, increase energy levels, and help alleviate stress by releasing endorphins (the body’s natural pain killer). The more you move throughout your day, the more you get on top form mentally leads to improved mental clarity and physical fitness!
- Start your day with a walk outside
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
- Join a sports team to meet new people and stay active
- Try yoga, pilates, or barre classes for low-impact workouts
- Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day
- Get enough sleep so that you’re not tired during the daytime hours
8. Take care of yourself by eating healthily and drinking plenty of water
The best way to maintain your health is by eating right and drinking lots of water. This will help give you the energy needed for all those hours spent at work or school, as well as staying hydrated throughout the day! Be sure to get your full quota of eight glasses a day, though if you find yourself missing out, don’t worry about it.
9. Try to avoid situations that stress you out or make you feel negative
It is essential to stay positive no matter the situation.
Stress can make you feel anxious, depressed or even more physically sick- so try your best not to have any negative feelings around people who hurt feathers in general!
10. Have fun! Do things that bring you joy and make you happy
You no longer need to just accept your life as it is because there are plenty of ways for you to make the most out of everything in yours.
The best way I’ve found so far?
Spend time doing things that will bring me joy and happiness; maybe read an interesting book or go on adventures with friends!
- Choose a hobby that you enjoy and make time for it
- Create a morning routine that makes you feel happy and energized
- Take care of your body with healthy habits such as eating well, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep
- Spend time with people who bring out the best in you – not those who criticize or put you down
- Practice mindfulness to stay focused on what’s happening now
- Find ways to laugh more often – watch funny videos online, read jokes, or go to comedy shows
11. Choose your words carefully
Your choice of words has the power to either build or destroy those around you and even yourself. Each choice of words results in a different reaction; for instance, if someone tells you that you are wrong, you will react differently from when he tells you you are lying.
Using words such as “I’m angry” and I’m furious” when you are slightly annoyed increases the intensity of your anger.
If you are upset, you can say you are slightly annoyed instead of using stronger words.
The same case applies when you are going through a difficult time. If you tell yourself that you can sail through that storm, your mind tunes that you are strong enough to overcome the situation.
With this know-how, train yourself to stay positive things about yourself and your life every time you are going through difficult situations.
This turns you into a positive person making it easy for you to handle even the most difficult situations that come your way.
12. Change your environment to change your state
Your environment can greatly affect your productivity and the way you view things. For this reason, you need to make sure that you are in a peaceful and supportive environment that will help you stay positive and highly productive. If you want to remain positive throughout the day, you should start by managing your home.
When you wake up, make sure you make your bed, clear the table, and clean the utensils after taking breakfast.
Draw the curtains to let in fresh air and sun rays if the weather allows.
When you arrive at your workplace, ensure your workstation is in order.
Arrange your table, place all materials you require to finish your job in an orderly manner and get rid of everything you no longer need.
Try to maintain a smiling and happy face and a good relationship with your colleagues. When the chance presents itself, help someone, and this will automatically boost your energy levels and hence your positivity.
Also, make sure you speak positive words to those around you. They will have a positive impact on them and on you.
13. Practice positive visualization
Positive thinking is an important habit that can affect different aspects of your life. It becomes challenging to think positively about the future when you’re constantly putting yourself down.
Visualizing what you want in life can help keep your spirits up and motivate you to work hard towards your goals.
- Find a quiet place where you can relax and be uninterrupted
- Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight, feet flat on the floor, and hands resting comfortably in your lap
- Close your eyes, take some deep breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth), and focus on your breathing for about five minutes
- Visualize yourself reaching one of your goals or accomplishing something that is important to you; find different ways to make this visualization come alive – see it happening before you as if it were really happening now
- Imagine what achieving this goal will feel like – how will you react when it happens, what emotions will fill you up inside, etc.; try to remember details about what you’re visualizing so that when it does happen for real later on down the road, those feelings are still there
- When finished with these steps, open your eyes slowly and return to reality feeling refreshed
- Repeat these steps at least once per day until the desired goal is accomplished!
- This technique is best used for short-term goals such as getting an A+ on an exam or meeting someone new; long-term goals may require more effort than
14. How to stay positive at work
Here are some tips for staying positive at work!
- Learn to bounce back mentally after difficult days, even if physically you may feel like giving up ́crying over spilled milk (literally). As hard and disappointing as it is sometimes there will be another opportunity or chance in this lifetime so don’t allow yourself too much grief when things go wrong because remember: all good things happen gradually not overnight-just try looking on the bright side next time instead of dwelling upon what could’ve been done better had I only known then….
- Keep your cool, especially around people who cause us anxiety attacks–they’re usually just looking out, mostly self preservation
15. How to stay positive when bad things keep happening
- Think about the good things in your life, such as family and friends
- Keep a gratitude journal to remind you of all the good things that have happened to you
- Practice self-compassion by being kind and gentle with yourself
- Find ways to be more helpful – volunteer at a soup kitchen or donate clothes and toys to charity
- Try meditating or practicing yoga for relaxation
- Spend time outside – go on hikes, bike rides, or spend time in nature
By media, I’m not just talking about television–I’m referring to all of the negative news stories that are constantly bombarding us on a daily basis.
It’s not necessarily the case that people will choose to read or watch these things, but it is important to stay away from this type of stuff when it comes to our own well-being.
The media is designed to make us feel angry, sad, or scared–this isn’t helpful for ourselves or others around us.
Despite the challenges and obstacles we face in life, there are ways to stay positive.
- Perhaps the most important way to stay positive is to stay away from the negative media as it promotes fear and uncertainty (FUD).
- Maintaining a positive outlook is essential for our overall well-being.
- There are many techniques that can help us maintain a positive attitude, including staying mindful and focusing on the good things.
- We should limit our consumption of negative news and instead focus on things we know will help us.
- Keeping a positive attitude is important for ourselves and for the people around us.